1. Anna - I may still refer to her as "new friend Anna" but spending time with her is always challenging and uplifting. I wish everyone had a friend like her.
2. The amazing Salmon I consumed while visiting with New Friend Anna. Lonestar always does it perfectly.
3. The musical Wicked. It reminds me how beautiful friendship is, as well as the importance of being a good friend.
4. My education. I'm privileged to already be a part of the 24.4 percent of Americans 25 or older with a bachelor's degree, and to be on the cusp of being one of the 8.9 percent of Americans with a Master's or higher.
5. I'm grateful that the limitations in my life are generally of the perceived variety. In many ways, as a white man living in the US, I have very few barriers. True, I can never give birth and I currently can't be legally wed to another man in the state I live in (plus a bunch of other issues centered around being a GAY white man living in the US) but all of my senses are intact, I'm classified as being exceptionally intelligent by standard measures, and I've been given ample opportunities to grow and change as a human being.
The leaflet I read is right, I do feel pretty good after that. Maybe I'll try this everyday like it says to do.