Do I have a problem?
Looking at substance abuse criteria, I'm in the clear, not meeting any of the four criteria.
Dependence however . . .
1. Do you use more of your substance now to achieve the same effect that you used to get? Yup.
2. Do you experience withdrawal symptoms when you don't use your substance? Yup.
3. Do you ever use your substance more than you intended or for longer than you intended? Yup.
4. Do you have a persistent desire or recurrent attempts to reduce your use. Nope
5. Do you spend a lot of time thinking about using, using, or recovering from the effects of using, or have you ever gone to great lengths to obtain your substance? Well, I've made a special trip to Lansing before (60 miles) because The Body Shop was having a sale, so YUP.
6. Do you give up important activities to use? Nope.
7. Do you continue to use your substance even though it exacerbates a physical or mental problem? Since my hands are super dry without it, I have to say YUP.
You only have to meet 3 to be classified dependent. When you meet number 1 or 2, you are classied as dependent with physiological dependence. So I have . . .
304.90 Moisturizer Dependence with Physiological Dependence
Anyone know where I can hit an MA meeting? Preferably, one that is not near a Body Shop, Trade Secret, or other store that sells nice moisturizers.